4.27.2005

no clue

i want to move to LA. help out at a church there. lead worship, do marketing and promotions . . . be hired as a person, instead for a position. basically, do the damn thing.

the problem is, (well there are no problems, just opportunities) as of right now, there are the funds for me to come on full time. and no, its not possible to live in SoCal on a part-time salary. its almost possible in indiana, but not really. truthfully, i would love to be able to work for a church but they wouldn't have to pay me anything. i don't want that money. how would that work, you ask? i don't know. but it would be sweet. it just can't happen now. no hard feelings about it in any way though.

i got offered a job to do sales for a direct mail company that focuses on car dealerships. its a great opportunity. its a 100% commission though. but the really cool thing is that i could take the job out to SoCal and do my job from there. Which is a very unique opportunity.

i don't know why i won't take it. honestly.

and a few minutes ago, literally, i got offered a sales position for the company i am at now. which is a pretty cool thing. i mean, i get to keep the benefits i have now AND i get other things like a car allowance and cell phone allowance. thats pretty darn cool.

so thats two job offers within a week. i have no clue. please pray for me. i don't know.
i'm praying that God will reveal Himself, show me a direction, a path to take.

in many ways, i just wish that the church could pay, so i wouldn't have to worry about all of this. i love competition. i really don't like business. i don't like the me-first attitude that you almost HAVE TO take. it plays to the part of me that i don't like.

it plays to my dark side.

i'm sorry, i had to say that. i can't wait for the new movie. its gonna kick some serious ass.

anyways, i have no clue what i'm doing.

in related news, you should check out LarkNews. just hilarious stuff.
also, a good friend of mine has a blog that rocks. you should check it out here.

be good to each other. look at Christ. peace

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

marc...
I thought last year at this time I might have life a little more figured out, I don't.
I understand the feeling of lostness and just wanting the Lord to yell what's next. Waiting sucks, but there's growth in the process--sometimes painful, always beneficial.
Thanks for sharing your struggles. I'm having to make a decision about jobs for next year too--I have to sign my contract here if I'm going to stay, but I'm not sure I want to. I've also applied for an RD position through Calvin College for a semester away program here in New Mexico--I really want it! If I don't get it I don't know what I'll do--I have to keep giving it up to the Lord.

Thanks for sharing from your heart. Continue to grow and struggle and trust that He will direct you. I'll pray.

Aleya

PS Will you be at my wedding June 25th--Sidney, Ohio? Do you want to be my videographer? :)

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enneagramfree enneagram test